Appealing a Guilty Verdict

If you have been found guilty in the Pearsall Municipal Court, you have the right to appeal the judgment by filing an appeal bond. You must file the appeal bond within 10 calendar days after your judgment. 

Your appeal bond will be twice the amount of your judgment to cover state costs, fines and fees; you must file an appeal bond with a money order or cashier’s check made out to the Collin County Court at Law. 

If you have an attorney, your attorney can file an appeal bond for you acting as the surety in lieu of a cash bond.

Please note that if you have paid any part of your judgment, you are not eligible to appeal to the County Court.