Towed Vehicle Information
The City Ordinance related to towing can be found at the following Web site under Chapter 28, Section 28: The Code of the City of Pearsall, TX.
Sec. 28-4.8. - Same—Towing and wrecker service.
(a)Application for permit. Every company approved by the City Council to provide non-consent towing services within the City and desiring to be placed on the permitted wrecker list shall make application in writing, on a form provided for that purpose, to the Chief of Police. Such application shall contain the name, address, telephone number, the number and types of wrecker equipment operated and the owner of the business. Every application when filed shall be sworn to by the applicant and accompanied by a fee in the sum of $125.00 plus $25.00 per tow truck to be used on City streets. Said fees are non-refundable. The applicant shall file as an attachment to the application the following:(1)A certificate or policy of public liability and property damage insurance meeting the requirements of section 10-142(6)a and b.(2)A certificate or policy of public liability and property damage insurance meeting the requirements of section 10-142(6)a and b.(3)Cargo insurance or a surety bond to cover damage to a towed vehicle during a hookup or towing, in an amount satisfying the requirements of section 10-142(6)c.(b)Renewal of permit; annual fees. All permits shall be renewed during the month of December each year. A newly issued permit shall be valid until December 31 of each year of its issuance and may be renewed at any time during the month of December. The fee for renewal of each permit shall be $75.00 plus $25.00 per tow truck to be used on City streets. Said fees are non-refundable. A permit may be renewed upon payment of the annual fee and the execution of a verified statement that the information on the original application form continues to be valid. If any of said information is no longer valid, the permit holder must present the corrected information at the time of renewal of the permit.(c)Towing charges and storage. A wrecker owner is hereby authorized to collect up to, but not more than, the following fees for services rendered as a result of a call from the City, a call resulting from being on the permitted wrecker list, or the request of any person who is not the owner of such vehicle. Such fee shall include the use of all equipment during a tow, such as double hookup, dollies, winching or a flatbed.
1) For vehicles not requiring a heavy duty wrecker ..... $175.00.
Basic towing charges include:
- Use of dolly
- Towing motorcycles
- Wheel and tire change
- Winch, if required.
- Upright vehicle.
- Use and cleanup of absorbent material.
2) For vehicles requiring a heavy-duty wrecker ..... $300.00.
3) Disregard fee after wrecker arrives by request of police officer ..... No charge.
4) Storage fees. Storage fees shall comply with applicable State law.
5) All other labor: $100.00 per hour, charged prorated in 15-minute increments. This does not include charges incurred by the service for rented or subcontracted equipment for the cleanup.
6) The wrecker service may charge no more than the amount granted by the State and charges for impoundment fees if they preserve a vehicle or remove and store personal property from the vehicle for safekeeping.
The above fees and charges for towing services are not applicable to vehicles towed at the request of the owner of such vehicle and for such owner requested services are not regulated by this article.
(Ord. No. 2017-02-02, §§ 7, 14, 21, 2-21-2017)